Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: W9124N‐17‐C‐0004
Contract Value: $112,530.00
Contract Award Date: 08/10/2017
Contract Final Completion Date: 11/30/2017
Agency: Department of the Army, US Army MICC, Presidio of Monterey, CA
Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. performed window repairs and mitigation of hazardous materials in the basement of Building 263 at Presidio of Monterey, CA. Description Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. performed window repairs and mitigation of hazardous materials in the basement of Building 263. Work performed included making repairs to the existing wooden windows and removing/mitigating/disposing hazardous materials (asbestos and lead based paint) on floor and walls. All walls and ceilings were sprayed with specialized encapsulant to trap residue lead and asbestos before painting the surfaces.
- Furniture removal
- Lead/Asbestos lab sampling/testing
- Removal of asbestos-containing floor tiles and mastic
- Stabilization of hinged windows/frames with lead stop encapsulant
- Application of lead stop encapsulant in all room ceilings and walls.
- Windows removed and resealed to stop future leaks during rain storms
- Installation of emergency lighting
- Demolition of conduits/wiring, ceiling mounted heater, and modifying conduit layout
- Retrofit/upgrade of existing lights and installation of motion sensors