Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: N62473-16-D-0412
Contract Value: $793,940.00
Contract Award Date: 09/30/2016
Final Completion Date: 06/14/2017
Agency: NFEC Southwest, FEAD 29 Palms (NAS Fallon, NV)
JCD performed upgrades to sidewalks, crosswalks, and streetlighting at various locations throughout the base to standardize them with NAS Fallon’s base appearance plan standards.
Description To bring NAS Fallon’s crosswalks, sidewalks, and street lighting in line with recent base safety and appearance standards, Jacob Construction & Design was tasked with upgrading various areas throughout the base. At numerous locations, sections of sidewalk were demoed, and new ones installed. New upgrades were made ADA compliant and crosswalks relocated to safer locations. New LED enhanced signage and necessary street lighting were installed to conform with the required color continuity and base appearance plan. Old crosswalk markings were removed, and new locations were installed as per specs. At several locations, solar energy fed street lights were removed and turned over to the government for reuse and new efficient LED lighting fixtures and poles were installed. As the bulk of the work was performed around high traffic areas, JCD was responsible for furnishing and adhering to a traffic control plan.
- Supervision/Quality Control management/Safety management
- Traffic Control Plan and enforcement
- Demolition of concrete/asphalt via jack hammer and saw and removal
- Demolition of existing street lighting
- Demolition of existing cross walks/markings
- Grading and compaction
- Compaction testing and cylinder/break tests
- Concrete forms
- Application of concrete striping
- Dust control
- Light pole installation
- Boring for electrical conduit under asphalt road in multiple locations
- Installation of miscellaneous ADA compliant wheel chair ramps
- Lock out tag out to perform tie-in for new electrical pedestal and light poles
- Some after hour work to minimize impact on traffic