Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: N62473-11-G-0055
Contract Value: $265,540.00
Contract Award Date: 09/23/2013
Final Completion Date: 08/05/2014
Agency: NFEC SOUTHWEST, FEAD NSAM, Monterey, CA
Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. successfully renovated Buildings 277, 280 and 300 from residential occupancy to commercial office space at Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA.
The intent of this Design-Build project was to reconfigure and renovate Buildings 277, 280 and 300 and relocate PSD, SATO, CAC, and the Chaplain’s offices. Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. successfully converted the buildings from residential occupancy to commercial office space occupancy while rectifying current code deficiencies including, but not limited to, accessibility compliance as required by the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards. Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. was responsible for furbishing all design labor, equipment and materials to execute this project in accordance with project documents while coordinating the construction schedule with the tenant and Contracting Officer to ensure limited disruption of tenant functions. Some challenges to the project included:
- This project required JCD to manage simultaneous construction over multiple areas with occupied space. However, as unexpected scheduling issues with tenants surfaced, JCD had to carefully coordinate a more suitable schedule with the client to ensure there were no disruptions to the tenant’s operations until they were cleared out of the facility.
- The Secured Passport Terminals had to be reconfigured and relocated. However, this could only be done by authorized client personnel.
- Midway through the project, the client had added design change requests to the floor layout of the Chaplain’s office. Therefore, JCD had to work with its design team to reconfigure the plan in order to accommodate the client.
Trades performed inhouse via JCD personnel
- Quality Control management
- Safety management
- Design-Build for reconfiguring layout for mission needs
- Furniture relocation
- Install Data/Communication Cables
- Rough and finish carpentry
- Prep and Paint
- Concrete Work
- Doors & Hardware
- Metal Framing
Trades performed via subcontractor personnel
- Lead and Asbestos abatement in multiple locations
- Install wood flooring and tile/grout
- Rectify code deficiencies