Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: W9126G-12-C-0089
Contract Value: $548,399.00
Contract Award Date: 09/26/2012
Final Completion Date: 05/14/2013
Agency: Department of the Army, Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth, TX
JCD was responsible for turning existing unoccupied space into usable office and storage units with provision of exterior roads, parking, sidewalks, lighting, retaining walls and hand rails.
Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. was responsible for design and construction of an equipment storage shed, design and construction of four office spaces on the mezzanine of an existing boat storage facility, installation of a heat pump system, earthwork, design and construction of concrete approach roads, parking lots and sidewalks, design and construction of security lighting, retaining walls and handrails, cyclone fencing and the design, construction and completion of a heavy equipment compound extension area. All work was performed at multiple locations throughout the Piney Woods Regional Project Office. For this project, multiple task orders spread over an area of a quarter mile. Therefore, it was critical that JCD coordinated a schedule that utilized personnel effectively. Two tasks that required special attention included:
- The construction of a boat ramp structure that had to be prefabricated in concrete before being lowered into the water with a bulldozer.
- Stringent environmental requirements that needed constant monitoring and reporting.
This project involved
- Quality Control management
- Safety management
- Traffic control program and management
- Environmental management including dust mitigation and erosion control
- Installation of heat pump and earthwork
- Road construction
[CPAR] Assessing Official Comments: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. was a great prime contractor and had some good subcontractors that worked for them. They completed all the work safely and in a timely manner. I would recommend them for future work. ~Maxie McAlpin