Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: HSCG88-14-J-PQQ049 | HSCG88-14-A-BOA029
Contract Value: $165,000.00
Contract Award Date: 04/09/2014
Final Completion Date: 10/31/2014
Agency: USCG Civil Engineering Unit Oakland, Oakland CA
JCD demoed out and replaced a 40KW emergency generator and transfer switch at USCG Station Channel Island Harbor in Oxnard, CA.
Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. was asked to demo out an outdated 40KW emergency generator, an automatic transfer switch, and numerous control panels that were distributed throughout the station. Once a new foundation was laid and repairs to the facility were made, a 125KW energy efficient emergency generator with a 500-gallon fuel tank was brought in and installed, along with a 400 Amp automatic transfer switch, panels, and wiring. All work at the station was performed without interfering with the Coast Guard’s normal operations/missions.
Trades performed inhouse via JCD personnel
- Quality Control management
- Safety management
- Traffic control program and management
- Environmental management including dust mitigation and erosion control
- Erosion control
- Concrete work sidewalk, generator foundation slab, CMU/concrete walls
- Metal fabrication
- Rough and finish carpentry
- Replace/Install doors and hardware
- Prep and paint walls
- Heavy installation of High Voltage Electrical and appurtenances
Trades performed via subcontractor personnel
- Lead/asbestos surveying followed with demolition of outdated emergency generator and existing ATS/panels.
- Install gas metering, piping and methane detection system
- Install new Caterpillar, Model D125-6 Diesel Standby Generator Set and Zenith Model ZTE Automatic Transfer Switch with Delayed Transition
- Train onsite personnel to operate and maintain new system