Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: N62473â€16â€Dâ€0412
Contract Value: $787,736.00
Contract Award Date: 06/30/2016
Final Completion Date: 08/21/2017
Agency: NFEC Southwest, FEAD 29 Palms (NAS Fallon, NV)
JCD replaced existing inefficient streetlights, floodlights, and wall pack lighting throughout NAS Fallon.
For this design-build project, JCD replaced existing inefficient Halogen, Metal Halide, Quartz, and Mercury Vapor streetlights, floodlights, and wall pack lighting throughout NAS Fallon base with efficient LED replacements. All new lighting was configured to utilize the existing electrical branch circuits and voltage at the various locations. A photometric design review and approval by the NAVFAC ensured lighting install was producing the maximum intended efficiency and client satisfaction with the operability and overall aesthetic impact of the LED replacements. The motive for this project was to ensure base lighting uniformity and help NAS Fallonâ€™s continued drive for energy reduction.
The success of this lighting exchange was dependent on continuous coordination with various tenants as certain facilities were secured and or impacted by performance of L.O.T.O. procedures.
- Quality Control management
- Safety management
- Removed and retrofitted several locations throughout the base with new energy efficient LED equivalent fixtures for pole-mounted streetlights, floodlights, and wall packs
- Provided and installed all wiring, boxes, and new brackets/tenon mounts for new fixtures
- Removed and replaced daylight sensors where indicated
- Provided photometric designs
- Provided a traffic plan with flaggers, safety, and general labor required while and if working roadside
- Provided and installed LED wall pack lighting throughout the base by replacing all 70W or greater wall pack fixtures with the least wattage LED equivalent LED wall packs
- Strict adherence to L.O.T.O. procedures prior to any electrical work being performed
- Multi-faceted coordination for parking lot lighting replacements to minimize impact on surrounding tenants/businesses
- Scheduling of work around TOPGUN/CAG schedules
- Fall protection requirement