Prime Contractor: Jacob Construction & Design, Inc.
Contract Number: N62473-16-C-4428
Contract Value: $794,576.00
Contract Award Date: 08/26/2015
Final Completion Date: 03/15/2017
Agency: NAVFAC SOUTHWEST, Lemoore FEAD, Lemoore, CA
Jacob Construction & Design, Inc. removed existing grass, vegetation, trees, shrubs, soil and weeds to replace the same spaces with Xeriscape materials at LNAS, CA.
JCD was responsible for removing existing grass, vegetation, trees, shrubs, soil and weeds in order to replace the same spaces with Xeriscape materials. The goal of this project was to ensure conservation of the base’s water use. Work efforts for this project involved removing and scraping the existing landscape grass area, shrubbery, trees, concrete, sprinkler pipes and bubblers to all specified areas. All newly exposed water sprinkler lines were permanently capped to prevent water loss and accidental flooding before proceeding to install new concrete and curbs. As a weed deterrent, geotextile fabric was installed atop the premises as scoped to receive xeriscaping material. Weed killer chemicals were applied several times to ensure weeds/grass that were dormant at the capillary level were not going to poke up at the edges. Once the foundation was set with proper drainage system put in place, cobble, rocks, and boulders of assorted sizes were hauled in and placed.
- Quality Control management
- Safety management
- Environmental management including dust mitigation and erosion control (Wet method and utilization of waddles as prescribed in SWPPP and Dust Mitigation Plan)
- Cleared and grubbed/graded approximately 3,000 tons of material offsite to landfill
- Installed Geotextile Fabric to prevent undergrowth
- Provided and placed 2â€-4â€ cobble (approximately 78,000 square feet)
- Provided and placed 12 boulders at 3 tons each
- Provided and placed 4â€ granite and ginger rock
- Cored concrete water drains in existing curbs and under sidewalk
- Installed continuous bar and deep joints of concrete edge strip
- Developed and applied a SWPPP with prescribed BMPs
- Demoed out and removed risers and capped for government salvage
- Applied weed killer chemical at various intervals to kill potential/seasonal weeds